Call the Derbyshire Family Health Service on 01246 515100
Our information and support line for parents, carers and young people is available Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.30pm, except bank holidays.
If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment with us please call us on the number above.
(This telephone number is not an emergency service number, for urgent or out of hours information, please see details in the drop down box below).
Please note: We're staying safe by working differently and have a reduce number of staff working from the office to take your calls, therefore your call may be redirected to a secure answerphone. Please leave your child’s name, date of birth and a brief reason for the call.
Please be assured that when leaving a message you will receive a call back from one of the team between the hours of 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, however this may not be on the same day.
When we call back, our numbers will appear as private. If your phone does not accept these, please leave an alternative number on your message.
Text Chat Health on 07507 327769
This is a confidential text messaging service for parents/ carers of 0 - 5 year olds, providing advice and support from one of our healthcare professionals from Monday to Friday, 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays.
Infant feeding and nutrition
A live web chat with our healthy family peer support workers is available on this website on the 0-5 years page, Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 12 noon.
Breastfeeding network and support groups
National Breastfeeding Helpline: 0300 100 0212 9.30am – 9.30pm daily, including bank holidays.
Immunisation information and advice lines
North Derbyshire: 01246 252953
Bakewell, Bolsover, Buxton, Chesterfield, Clowne, Clay Cross, Dronfield, Eckington, Glossop, Matlock, New Mills, Shirebrook, South Normanton & Tibshelf
South Derbyshire: 01283 707178
Alfreton, Ashbourne, Belper, Ripley, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Repton, Swadlincote & Wirksworth
School nurse referral form (for professional organisations)
Support for young people (11-19 year olds)
Text a Derbyshire school nurse via ChatHealth: 07507 330025
This is a confidential text messaging service for young people, providing advice and support from one of our healthcare professionals. Available Monday to Friday, 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays.
School nurse ‘drop-in’
School nurses visit schools across Derbyshire and can support you with any aspects of your health and wellbeing. Find out more about the ‘drop-ins’ and when the school nurses visit your school or text us on 07507 330 025 (the ChatHealth line) to arrange an appointment.
Kooth is an online mental wellbeing support service for young people aged 11+ years old. It’s a free, safe and anonymous space with qualified professionals.
Integrated sexual health service
Your sexual health matters provides free, non-judgemental and confidential advice and support about sexual health and wellbeing including; contraception, emergency contraception, C-Scheme (free condoms and lube), sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment.
- A pharmacist can give advice on minor injuries or illnesses, such as infections, cold and flu, travel advice and rashes. They can also prescribe certain medicines including emergency contraception, flu vaccines and emergency supplies of your regular prescriptions.
- Our four Urgent Treatment Centres (UTCs) are open seven days a week from 8am - 8pm across Derbyshire. Service locations include Ilkeston Hospital, Whitworth Hospital, Buxton Hospital & Ripley Hospital.
If you or your child has a pre-existing condition for which you're already being treated, please contact your GP surgery first if possible.
- NHS 111 online: If you have an urgent but non-life-threatening medical concern, you can get advice from a fully trained adviser.
- In the event of a real emergency or life-threatening situation call 999.
- Quell: A safe and confidential space to share experiences and gain support from qualified professionals.
- DadPad: The DadPad app is an easy-to-use, freely downloadable resource for new dads and partners in the Derbyshire area.
- Children’s centres: Children's centres bring services together focussing on child development and school readiness to increase opportunities for those children in need of targeted support.
- Starting Point: Provide universal, early help (additional and intensive) and specialist services in Derbyshire.
- Citizen Advice
- Joined Up Care Derbyshire: For looking after yours and your families’ emotional wellbeing.
- Live Life Better Derbyshire: Free help around feeling fitter, losing weight or quitting smoking and more.
- Derby and Derbyshire Emotional Health and Wellbeing: This website has been designed by professionals who work across Derby and Derbyshire to help plan and deliver care and support for people who are feeling stressed, anxious or depressed, or just want to feel happier. This signposting service is aimed at professionals, members of the public and children and young people who wish to access local services or just require further information on the services that are available to them.